|Why use a pronunciation guide?
How to purchase
For more information...
|Hear it in Swedish! can, with the proper configuration steps,
run under the Linux operating system. The following instructions are for RedHat 6.0
- Log in as root.
- Configure the sound system
Follow the on-screen instructions, and check the available RedHat documentation for help.
- Install RealPlayer and Adobe Acrobat Reader. (RPMS can be found at http://rpmfind.net/ , click on 'Go directly to the RPM
database' at the top, then 'RPM indexed by name')
rpm -ivh rvplayer-5.0-8rh6.rpm
rpm -ivh acroread-4.0-3.rpm
- Make sure /etc/mailcap includes the following lines:
audio/x-realaudio; /usr/bin/rvplayer %s
application/pdf; /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread %s
- Make sure /etc/mime.types includes the following lines:
Note: Certain applications, such as the GNOME built-in file browser (gmc), may require you
to set up separate, application-specific mime types.
- Mount the CD-ROM with an ignore case switch:
mount -t iso9660 -o ro,check=relaxed /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
- Log out as root.
- Run Hear it in Swedish! with the command: